The Research and Evaluation Strategy 2022-2027 sets out a pathway to build and mobilise evidence to enhance the NDIS and shape innovative services and supports that optimise the lives of participants.
In the strategy, we identified ‘early interventions and high volume cohorts’ as one of our research focus areas. We will:
- Review research evidence to compare a range of early interventions across a range of disabilities and cohorts
- Work with industry to test a series of technology innovations as part of early intervention pathways
- Evaluate the effectiveness and fidelity of a range of early childhood supports and pathways
- Drive the use of evidence into policy and practice to improve child outcomes and produce evidence-based resources on what works for whom.
We will provide updates on our progress here.
- Cognitive remediation evidence snapshot
- Evidence review: Interventions for children with Neuromuscular Disorders (NMD)
- Evidence review: Early interventions for children with autism