Empowering Participants: Information, Assistance and Connections Grant Round
The NDIA is inviting organisations to apply for grants to deliver innovative projects that empower NDIS participants to explore and understand their home and living possibilities.
Projects will test and evaluate different models for providing NDIS participants with high quality information, assistance and connections about home and living options.
There is up to $1.5 million of grant funding available over 2 years (2023-24 to 2024-25) for this round. This is a national grant round that will use a competitive, merit-based selection process to award the grants.
To apply, you must meet the eligibility criteria detailed in section 4 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Before applying, you must read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines and draft Grant Agreement.
Applications open on Thursday 9 March 2023 and close AEST 5 pm Thursday 20 April 2023.
More information about the grant round, including all of the documentation and instructions about how to apply, is provided below.
Thursday 9 March 2023
Close date and time
AEST 5 pm Thursday 20 April 2023
Total funding available (GST incl.)
A total of up to $1.5 million (GST incl.) over 2023-24 and 2024-25 is available for this grant opportunity.
Estimated grant value range (GST incl.)
Grants will be between $80,000.00 (GST incl.) and $400,000.00 (GST incl.), depending on the scope of the grant activity and its complexity.
Grant Opportunity Guidelines – Empowering Participants: Information, Assistance and Connections Grants (120KB DOCX)
Appendix B – SPC0002473 – Draft Grant Agreement (196KB DOCX)
Appendix C – SPC0002473 – Grant Application Form (153KB DOCX)
Submitting an application
To apply, you must:
- complete the application form at Appendix C – SPC0002473 – Grant Application Form
- complete the prescribed budget document Appendix D – SPC0002473 – Detailed Budget, provide all the information requested
- address all eligibility criteria and assessment criteria
- include all necessary attachments
- submit your application via email by AEST 5 pm 20 April 2023.
Questions and answers
View questions and answers:
- Home and living demonstration projects - round 2 questions and answers (64KB DOCX) - effective 9 March 2023
- Home and living demonstration projects - round 2 questions and answers (147KB PDF) - effective 9 March 2023
- Home and living demonstration projects - round 2 questions and answers (64 KB DOCX) - effective 20 March 2023
- Home and living demonstration projects - round 2 questions and answers (123 KB PDF) - effective 20 March 2023
- An online information session about the round will be held on Thursday 23 March 2023.
- To attend, you must register for the information session. Register now .
- If you have any questions during the application period, please email the NDIA.
- Questions must be sent no later than AEST 5 pm Thursday 13 April 2023.
- The NDIA will respond to emailed questions within 4 working days through the form of an addendum published on the website.
The NDIA is committed to ensuring this grant round is accessible.
If you have any questions about the accessibility of the Appendix C – SPC0002473 – Grant Application Form, please email us.
Where the word document application form is not accessible for you, the NDIA may accept applications in audio and video formats.
You must email the NDIA by AEST 5 pm Thursday 13 April 2023 to discuss the requirements for submitting your application in these formats.