NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits
NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits (previously the NDIS Price Guide) assist participants and disability support providers to understand the way that price controls for supports and services work in the NDIS. Price regulation is in place to ensure that participants receive value for money in the supports that they receive.
The Support Catalogue lists all of the available supports that providers can use when lodging a payment request. It also provides information on the current (and previous) price limits for each support item and indicates which claim types (travel, non-face-to-face, etc.) apply for each price-limited support item.
Price limits are the maximum prices that registered providers can charge NDIS participants for specific supports. Participants and providers can negotiate lower prices. NDIS pricing arrangements and price limits must be followed when supports are delivered to NDIA-managed or plan-managed participants.
The NDIA regularly updates pricing arrangements.
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22 (DOCX 372KB) - effective 19 April 2022
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22 (PDF 1.8MB) - effective 19 April 2022
- NDIS Support Catalogue 2021-22 (XLSX 190KB) - effective 19 April 2022
The COVID Addendum contains temporary measures introduced in direct response to the coronavirus pandemic and the regions and dates the measures are applicable.
The COVID Addendum is not a standalone document and must be read in conjunction with NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits.
- COVID Addendum (DOCX 109KB) – effective 1 April 2022
- COVID Addendum (PDF 892KB) – effective 1 April 2022
Assistive Technology, Home Modifications and Consumables Code Guide
The Assistive Technology, Home Modifications and Consumables Code Guide lists the most commonly used supports. It is not a comprehensive list of all supports that may be provided as reasonable and necessary under the NDIS.
- NDIS Assistive Technology and Home Modifications Code Guide 2021-22 - effective 19 April 2022
Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation
Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation (previously the Price Guide for Specialist Disability Accommodation) is a summary of prices that apply to Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) under the NDIS.
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation 2021-22 (previously the Price Guide for Specialist Disability Accommodation) - effective 20 March 2022
Disability Support Worker Cost Model
The cost model estimates the cost of delivering a billable hour of support taking into account all of the costs associated with every billable hour, including: base pay; shift loadings; holiday pay; salary on costs; supervision costs; utilisation (non-billable activities); employee allowances; corporate overheads and margin.
These estimates are the basis of the price limits set by the NDIA for supports delivered by disability support workers.
- NDIS Disability Support Worker Cost Model 2021-22 (DOCX 132KB) - effective 1 January 2022
- NDIS Disability Support Worker Cost Model 2021-22 (PDF 1.4MB) - effective 1 January 2022
The NDIA regularly reviews and makes changes to pricing arrangements to ensure our approach:
- better meet the needs of participants, their families, carers and providers
- remains affordable and in place for future generations of Australians.