The NDIA is working toward breaking down barriers and enabling people with disabilities to choose where and with whom they live.
Housing and living arrangements can influence our quality of life and can be influenced by:
- how close we want to live to friends and family
- where our children can go to school
- whether we can find work or transport options nearby
- the type of community we want to live in, and
- whether we can access public spaces, activities and services.
A well-designed house in the right location can allow for more independent living arrangements, increased community connection and access to informal supports.
Find out more about NDIS home and living initiatives: