Some NDIS participants receive funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
SDA has accessible features to help residents live more independently and have better access to the supports in their home.
NDIS provides funding through a participant’s plan and the participant, often with additional support such as a support coordinator, then finds and applies for the SDA option that best suits their needs.
SDA funding in participant plans is used for housing, not services or supports.
SDA Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits 2021-22 (previously the Price Guide for Specialist Disability Accommodation)
The NDIS Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation (previously the Price Guide for Specialist Disability Accommodation) is a summary of price limits and other pricing arrangements that apply to SDA under the NDIS.
The SDA price calculator can help providers calculate the expected annual income of an SDA dwelling.
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation 2021-22 (DOCX 124KB) - effective 1 July 2021
- NDIS Pricing Arrangements for Specialist Disability Accommodation 2021-22 (PDF 1.4MB) - effective 1 July 2021
- 2021-22 SDA price calculator (XLSX 52KB) - effective 1 July 2021
Learn about recent changes to pricing arrangements and price limits on the Pricing updates page.
The SDA price calculator now includes:
- an Income tab (previously labelled ‘Results’) to help providers calculate expected annual income per participant, per year for 3 scenarios:
- the SDA single rate for a participant in a room
- the SDA share rate for 2 SDA participants sharing a room
- the SDA share rate for 1 SDA participant sharing a room with 1 non-SDA participant.
- a new MRRC tab is included to help providers calculate maximum rent and board contributions for participants in single and shared room arrangements.
Along with the NDIS Pricing Arrangements for SDA, there are 2 other key sources of information on SDA, including the:
Previous SDA arrangements and calculators can be found on the Price arrangements archive page.