Financial benchmarking surveys
The NDIA commissions an independently managed and delivered annual benchmarking survey on the operational models of disability service providers.
The survey is designed to collect information on staffing numbers, costs and profits of support providers in the NDIS.
The NDIA uses the data and market analysis from the survey to:
- assist in the development of a sustainable NDIS market that supports participant choice
- inform our role as market steward and help us to make evidence-based decisions
- increase the information available to providers to gauge performance against their peers and support their transition to a more open and competitive market.
The survey is conducted externally and the NDIA receives de-identified summary information from the survey provider.
Benchmarking survey- 2021-22
The NDIS financial benchmarking survey is open from Monday 29 November 2021 to Friday 4 February 2022. It will take approximately two hours to complete.
Registered providers will be emailed a link to the survey from 29 November 2021. If you have not received your survey, please check your junk and spam folders.
The benchmarking survey is anonymous and conducted independently of the NDIA. Deloitte Access Economics is administering the 2021-22 survey.
Responding to this survey is mandatory for all providers who have claimed, or intend to claim, TTP between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021. Providers who do not complete the survey should not claim TTP.
Providers who have made a claim for a support item in the following support categories and registration groups will be asked to complete the survey.
- Assistance with Daily Life:
- Daily Personal Activities
- High Intensity Daily Personal Activities
- Assistance with Daily Life Tasks in a Group or Shared Living Arrangement (Supported Independent Living).
- Participation in Community, Social and Civic activities:
- Assistance to Access Community, Social and Recreational Activities
- Group and Centre based activities
- Employment Supports.
We encourage all other providers to take part in the survey.
If you have any questions about the Financial Benchmarking Survey please email [email protected].
Benchmarking survey results - 2020-21
The 2020-21 financial benchmarking survey was managed by Deloitte Access Economics on behalf of the NDIA. The survey was conducted from March to April 2021.
- Benchmarking survey results for 2020-21 (DOCX 6.8MB)
- Benchmarking survey results for 2020-21 (PDF 3.9MB)
Benchmarking survey results - 2019-20
Report results include all responses received before the original survey closing date of 15 March 2020 (615 providers).
This summary covers services provided in the financial year ending 30 June 2020.
- Benchmarking survey results for 2019-20 (DOCX 2.7MB)
- Benchmarking survey results for 2019-20 (PDF 2MB)
Benchmarking survey results - 2017-18
The third summary report was prepared using data from Collection 3 of the survey, which was conducted from October 2018 to April 2019.
This summary covers services provided in the financial year ending 30 June 2018.
Benchmarking survey results - 2016-17
The second summary report was prepared using data from Collection 2 of the survey, which was conducted from April to August 2018.
This summary covers services provided in the financial year ending 30 June 2017.
Benchmarking survey results - 2015-16
The first summary report was prepared using data from Collection 1 of the survey, which was conducted from October to December 2017.
This report covers services provided in the financial year ending 30 June 2016.