Pathways For NDIA Digital Partner API Access
Direct integration is for registered Providers, Plan Managers and Software Developers who are using their own internal systems to connect with NDIA API’s.
The process for direct integration is as follows:
- Download and complete the Digital Provider questionnaire
- Provide cyber clearance framework
- Complete a current ASIC company extract, this can be purchased for $17 on the ASIC website . The date on the Current Company Extract should be within four weeks of the date you post these documents to NDIA.
The current company extract gives us the registered Director/s and Secretaries.
We use this to confirm the signing authorities on the terms and conditions.
If the terms and conditions are being signed under a Power of Attorney, or alternative signing authority, please send a copy of the supporting signing evidence.
Email the completed Questionnaire, cyber clearance documentation and Current Company Extract to [email protected].
The DPO will send a copy of the Terms and Conditions to be digitally signed by the appropriate parties within your organisation.
Please ensure you provide the correct contact details based on your ASIC Extract for further information see read only copy of our Terms and Conditions.
The DPO will review your application and let you know the outcome
If your application is successful, we will send you a technical pack with:
- Onboarding guide
- NDIA Provider Digital Access (PRODA) step-by-step guide API connect
- PRODA B2B software developers guide.
Register for a PRODA test account by following the instructions in the technical pack.
Activate your account in the vendor developer portal using the link that will be emailed to you.
You can then view the API specifications in the vendor developer portal.
Indirect integration is for registered providers who would like to connect with our API’s using a software developer (Aggregator).
This means that the API’s will be access via the aggregator's digital platform.
The process for indirect integration is as follows:
- Connect with an Aggregator who is an existing Digital Partner
- Aggregator submits application to DPO
Application must provide the following information:
- Registered Provider Organisation details (ABN, Provider number, address, email, telephone)
- A primary contact
- Data residency information (stored within Australia)
- Signed declaration with signatures from the Registered Provider and Aggregator
The DPO will complete a technical review and provide the outcome of application to the Aggregator.
For additional information, please contact [email protected]