The NDIS is making a real difference in the lives of Australians. We help people with disability be more independent, find work, study and have greater choice and control over how they want to live their life.
We put the participant at the centre of everything we do.
We focus on making sure the Scheme delivers a consistent and high-quality experience for all participants.
The Participant Service Charter and Participant Service Guarantee (PSG)
The Participant Service Charter (Service Charter) explains what participants can expect when they deal with the NDIA and Partners in the Community.
The Service Charter sets out the principles and standards we want to achieve. It outlines how we’ll improve the way we serve participants and the timeframes we’ll meet.
It includes the PSG, which sets clear time frames for our decisions and processes.
The Service Charter is based on five principles for working with participants, their families and carers.
We’re committed to offering service that is:
We want to make a difference in the lives of Australians and deliver a world-leading Scheme. We’ll do this through the Service Charter and PSG.
This shows how we want to improve the Scheme, and make Australia a more inclusive place for all of us.
See the Service Charter page for more information about the Service Charter and PSG.
Making a difference so people with disability have choice and control over their lives
Our Agency has a set of values that reflect our core beliefs. This helps the NDIA be a rewarding and positive place to work and deliver the NDIS.
We live our values every day to help us make decisions that are right and deliver on the purpose of the NDIS.
They unite us in our shared passion for driving social change, so people with disability have choice and control over their lives.
We value people
We put participants at the heart of everything we do
- Work to understand and address our stakeholder’s needs
- Deliver on our promises
- Empower and invest in our people
- Are proud of our workplace and the work we do.
We grow together
We work together to deliver quality outcomes
- Collaborate to work as one for better outcomes
- Build inclusive and respectful relationships
- Communicate honestly, clearly, proactively and consistently
- Acknowledge and celebrate our successes.
We aim higher
We are resilient and always have the courage to do better
- Look for solutions and are determined to improve
- Commit to setting and achieving measurable goals
- Proactively look for, reflect and act on feedback
- Speak up when corrective action is needed.
We take care
We own what we do and we do the right thing
- Take responsibility for what we do and how we behave
- Look after the safety, health and well-being of ourselves and others
- Anticipate and raise risks and take appropriate action
- Deliver our work to a high standard.