The Research and Evaluation Strategy 2022-2027 sets out a pathway to build and mobilise evidence to enhance the NDIS and shape innovative services and supports that optimise the lives of participants.
In the strategy, we identified ‘home and living supports’ as one of our research focus areas. We will:
- Explore participant experiences to help design new innovative home and living solutions for a range of disability cohorts
- Trial new technologies or innovative approaches to help participants achieve greater independence in diverse living arrangements
- Evaluate the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of home and living innovations and test their scalability
- Ensure home and living policy and implementation strategies are informed by evidence and produce evidence-based participant facing resources on what works for whom.
- We will provide updates on our progress here.
Other research areas
- Early interventions and high volume cohorts
- Home and living supports
- Market stewardship and employment
- Research that helps us improve the NDIS
- Improving outcomes for participants