On this page
In 2019 we released the NDIS Participant Employment Strategy (Strategy).
The Strategy sets out our vision, commitment and plan for supporting participants to find and keep meaningful employment.
Finding, keeping and changing jobs has advice about pursuing your employment goals, or talk to your Local Area Coordinator or Planner.
Participant Employment Strategy
- Participant Employment Strategy (PDF 4.8MB)
- Easy Read - Participant Employment Strategy (PDF 5.4MB)
- Easy Read - Participant Employment Strategy - text only (DOCX 51KB)
Having a job benefits all people. Being in employment:
- expands social networks
- increases community connections
- gives greater financial independence
- improves health and wellbeing
- creates a stronger sense of identity and self-worth.
Our goal is to have 30% of participants of a working age in meaningful employment by 30 June 2023.
We developed the Strategy through extensive consultation with people with disability, families, carers, advocates, providers and other areas of government.
We took all the feedback and created a roadmap for 5 focus areas:
- Increasing participant aspiration and employment goals in NDIS plans.
- Increasing participant choice and control over pathways to employment.
- Increasing market innovations that improve the path to paid work.
- Improving confidence of employers to employ NDIS participants.
- Leading by example as an employer.