If you want to arrange for us to give information to others, or for other people to do things on your behalf, you need to give us consent. We accept both written and verbal consent and there is a consent form you can use.

Consent can be provided by calling the National Contact Centre, by providing written consent or by completing the NDIA consent form below:

We have improved the NDIS consent form, which now combines the consent to share your information form and consent to act on your behalf form together. 

By designing the updated consent form in consultation with participants, we have made it easier to fill out. It also gives you more options to choose from when giving permissions to people acting on your behalf.  

You do not need to do anything if you have already provided consent for people or organisations to act on your behalf. We have this information recorded in our computer system. 

The consent for your NDIS information form is used to share your NDIS information with a person or an organisation you choose. 

Examples include: 

  • You give consent for the NDIA to discuss your plan with a family member and explain how you can use your funding.
  • You are a patient in a public hospital, and the treating staff request details of your NDIS plan. This information may assist them with your treatment and to arrange suitable discharge arrangements.
  • You have requested some assistive technology to help you do some daily tasks. The NDIS has asked for some further information and if you give consent, the NDIS can talk to your therapist about what additional evidence we need and why.

You can also use this form when you want to give your consent to another person or an organisation to do things for you with the NDIS. You can specify who can do this, for what purpose and for a set period of time. 
The kinds of activities or processes that you can give consent to a third party to do on your behalf could be for requesting: 

  • a change to your plan
  • to make administrative changes to your NDIS record, such as updating your contact details, or your bank account details. 

Other examples include:

  • you consent for an advocate to submit a request to review a decision made by the NDIA
  • you consent for a family member to assist with making requests for assistive technology, home modifications, or other specific supports.

If you do not want someone to act on your behalf, do not fill in this form.

You can take away your consent at any time. You can let us know by mail, email, in person or over the phone that you no longer consent to us sharing information on your behalf.

Find more resources about understanding consent in accessible formats on the booklets and factsheets page.

This page current as of
10 July 2024