We understand your situation or details may change, or you may want to ask for a plan review.
It’s important you let us know if your situation changes or you need to update your details, because it might affect:
- your plan
- whether you’re still eligible for the NDIS.
You must also let us know if something will change in the future. Changes don’t always mean we’ll do a plan review. But you must still let us know about changes as soon as you reasonably can.
What changes should you tell us about?
The changes you should tell us about include:
- your contact details, such as your address, phone number or email
- the support your family and friends provide
- if there are changes to the functional impact of your disability, meaning you might need more or less support
- you’re starting a new job and need new or different support at work
- you’re going overseas for a long period of time, or you’re moving overseas
- you’re moving out of residential accommodation or aged care, and you need different support in your new home
- you receive or claim compensation for an accident or illness related to your disability.
Our Guidelines, ‘Your Plan ’ has information about when you need to tell us about changes in your life and when you can request a plan review.
How to let us know if your situation or details have changed
There are a few ways you can let us know if your situation or details have changed.
- contact us by phone by calling 1800 800 110
- send us an email and include any evidence to support your request
- complete the Change of details or change of situation form and send it to us
- send us a letter and include any evidence to support your request
- visit one of our NDIS offices.
You can send us an email with any supporting evidence to [email protected].
You can send us a letter with any supporting evidence to:
Chief Executive Officer
National Disability Insurance Agency
GPO Box 700
Canberra ACT 2601
Your personal information held by NDIA is protected under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and the Privacy Act 1988.
Change of details or change of situation form
We want to make it easier for you to tell us about changes in your life.
You can use the Change of details or change of situation form to tell us:
- if your situation has changed
- your details, including your contact details like your phone number, address or even your email address has changed
- you would like to request a plan review.
If you want to request a review of a decision in your plan or a decision relating to access to the NDIS visit the Internal review of a decision page.
Download the form
- Change of details or change of situation form (PDF 158KB)
- Change of details or change of situation form (DOCX 93KB)
What happens next?
We will contact you to confirm we have made the changes you asked for, or to discuss your options and next steps.
Why you should tell us about a change in contact details
Making sure we have the most up to date contact details for you means we can:
- make sure your participant details are up to date
- contact you, your authorised representative, or your nominee if and when we need to
Keeping your contact details up to date helps us get in touch with you quickly to provide you with important information about your plan or tell you about the progress of a decision you’ve asked us to make.