If you manage your plan funding, you have two options to pay for your supports.
Money from your NDIS plan budget will be paid into your bank account. You then pay your provider.
If necessary, you can pay your provider first with your own money and then make a payment request through the myplace portal or the my NDIS app.
Money from your NDIS plan budget will be paid into your bank account. If you need to do this, you should also talk to your provider about their payment terms, so you can claim the funds first from your NDIS plan.
The NDIS guide to self-management explains how to pay providers.
If the NDIA manages your plan, your providers will use the myplace provider portal to claim from your plan funding.
You can check your NDIS plan through the myplace portal, to see how much funding you have left and how much your provider has been paid.
If you have a plan manager, they will use the myplace provider portal to pay your providers using your NDIS funding.
When you first talk with a plan manager, you will need to discuss:
- funding in your NDIS plan to pay your providers
- if you want to see the invoices from your providers first or if you want them to go straight to your plan manager
- how your plan manager will pay the invoices
- if your plan manager can help you learn how to manage your plan on your own (if this is a support that is funded in your plan)
The NDIS guide to plan management explains what plan managers do and what you need to do if you choose plan management.
You have a combination of these
You can choose to manage parts of your NDIS plan differently. Your providers are paid using the processes we have described above.
It’s important to know how each part of your plan is managed. An unregistered provider cannot deliver supports for a NDIA-managed part of your plan.
You self-manage your core supports, and have a plan manager for your other budgets:
- you would use the self-managed process for your core supports
- you would use the plan managed process for your capacity-building and capital supports.
You have a plan manager for your core supports, and are NDIA-managed for your other budgets:
- you would use the plan-managed process for your core supports
- you would use the NDIA-managed process for your capacity-building and capital supports.
Calculator and supports organiser
Budget calculator – to help you work out how much you have left in your budget or how many hours of a support you can get.
Support organiser (XLSX 30KB) – to help you organise how to use your NDIS plan funding and make sure you have enough money for the life of your plan.