On this page:
- Access Request Form (PDF 300KB)
- Evidence of Psychosocial Disability Form (PDF 480KB)
- Consent Form for NDIA to share a patient’s information (DOCX 100KB)
- MBS billing scenarios: a GP resource from Central and Eastern Sydney PHN
Advice on Providing evidence to support an access request - tips from a GP colleague - a video presented by Dr James Best, GP, Nowra, NSW and A/Prof Robert Davis, GP and Clinical Director, Centre for Developmental Disability Health, Monash Health, Victoria.
We have created a playlist with a range of videos that highlight the role of GPs, patients/carers and health professionals in the access process.
Resources developed by GPs
- 6-point eligibility checklist:
- Helping patients navigate access to the NDIS: how practice nurses, allied health professionals, NDIS partners and other professionals in the community can assist GPs:
- Frequently asked questions asked by GPs:
Early childhood approach - a guide for health professionals
The new Early childhood approach - guide for health professionals helps GPs, paediatricians and other health professionals connect families and carers with young children to supports and services, early.
Resource developed by the RACGP for members
Resources developed by health and/or disability-related organisations
- General Practice Toolkit: Understanding your role in the NDIS from Brisbane North PHN
- Supporting Access to the National Disability Insurance Scheme for New Participants on the Central and Eastern Sydney PHN website, a collaborative project by Sydney Local Health District, Sydney Children's Hospital and St Vincent's Network.
- Getting the language right: a Health Practitioner’s guide to writing reports, letters and assessments for the NDIS from Summer Foundation
- Mental health and the NDIS (psychosocial disability explained) : information, tools and resources for healthcare professionals from The Transition Support Project, Flinders University (funded by the Department of Health and the Department of Social Services)
Resources developed by the NDIA
- GP and Allied Health Professional’s guide to the NDIS
- GP Guide to the NDIS – Psychosocial Disability
- Glossary – key terms for understanding the NDIS and psychosocial disability
- Guide to writing a support worker letter
Resources for patients
Resources developed by the NDIA:
- Booklet 1 – Applying for the NDIS
- Booklet 1 – Applying for the NDIS Easy Read
- Multilingual patient information booklets
Resources developed by health and/or disability-related organisations:
- Patient Information Booklet: accessing the NDIS from Brisbane North PHN
- Reimagine: Supporting people living with mental health conditions with the NDIS from Mental Health Coordinating Council