- Improving the way we deliver the NDIS means better connections and more support for participants to pursue their goals and achieve outcomes.
- The test begins on 14 November 2022 in Tasmania.
- We will learn from the Tasmania test before we begin a national rollout.
We’ve spent time talking to participants, our staff, NDIS partners and the disability community to work out the ways we can improve the experience people have with the Scheme. We are testing a better way to deliver the NDIS. This test starts in Tasmania in November 2022.
Part of this work has been designing and building a new computer system to help us deliver a nationally consistent experience for participants. We are not changing the rules or the way the NDIS works.
We’re testing ways to improve how we:
- help people with disability and children and families where there are concerns about their development learn about and connect with community and mainstream services, including the NDIS
- apply to the NDIS
- create an NDIS plan
- support participants to make the most of their NDIS plan.
Our new computer system will help us make more consistent decisions, meet our Participant Service Guarantee commitments and provide more time for our staff and partners to better support the people who use the NDIS every step of the way.
We have tested our new computer system and the way it works with our staff and partners. It’s now time to test our new computer system and the way we work in the real-time test with participants.