Local Area Coordination
The NDIA is working with Partners in the Community (partners) to deliver Local Area Coordination (LAC) Services. If you are aged 7 and above, one of our partners may deliver LAC services, which includes linking you to the NDIS and to mainstream and community supports in your area.
Linking you to the NDIS
LACs can help you to:
- Understand and access the NDIS – This can include workshops or individual conversations about the NDIS.
- Create a plan – If you are eligible for an NDIS support plan, your LAC will have a conversation with you to learn about your current situation, supports, and goals to help develop your plan. It is important to know that LACs cannot approve an NDIS plan, this is done by someone from the NDIA.
- Implement your plan - Your LAC will help you to find and start receiving the services in your NDIS plan. Your LAC can also provide assistance throughout your plan if you have any questions.
- Review your plan – Your LAC will work with you to make changes to your plan through a plan review. This generally occurs 12 months after your plan is implemented.
Linking you to information and support in your communityLACs will help you:
- Learn about support available in your local community;
- Understand what you can expect from mainstream supports – this is supports like education, health, and transport;
- Sustain informal supports around you – this is family, friends and local community members.
This is part of Information Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC). You can ask your LAC about the supports available in your community, even if you're not eligible for an NDIS support plan. Partners delivering LAC services will also work to make your community more welcoming and inclusive.
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI)
If you have a child aged 0-6 with developmental delay or disability, an ECEI Coordinator working for one of our Partners delivering ECEI services will be your main contact point for the NDIS and can help you understand and access the most appropriate supports for your child. Find out more about support for your child.
Partners in the Community in your state or territory
Visit your state or territory page to find out more about the Local Area Coordination Partners in the Community delivering LAC and ECEI services in your area:
- NDIS in the ACT
- NDIS in NSW
- NDIS in the NT
- NDIS in Queensland
- NDIS in SA
- NDIS in Tasmania
- NDIS in Victoria
- NDIS in WA
For Partner offices and contact details visit Our Locations page.