To increase support for First Nations Australians with disability, the NDIA has engaged the National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) to deliver the Aboriginal Disability Liaison Officer (ADLO) program until 30 November 2022.
The program will provide dedicated support to First Nations Australians in urban and rural areas to access the NDIS and use their plans.
Employed locally by Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs), ADLOs work at a local level to build understanding of NDIS.
ADLOs are generally members of the communities they work in, understand the culture and often speak the local languages.
Working in partnership with the NDIA and Partners in the Community, ADLOs are a further cultural link between the Indigenous community and the system of disability related supports offered through the NDIS.
The insights of ADLOs will also contribute to NDIA led co-design initiatives to improve the way NDIS works with First Nations Australians and communities.
A list of ACCHOs delivering the ADLO program is available below.
To find out more, email: [email protected]
- Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service - Albury-Wodonga
- Armajun Health Service Aboriginal Corporation - Inverell
- Awabakal LTD - Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens and Hunter Valley regions, Newcastle
- Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre - Taree
- Bulgarr Ngaru Medical Aboriginal Corporation - Armidale Regional
- Coonamble Aboriginal Health Service Limited - Coonamble
- Durri Aboriginal Corporation Medical Service - Kempsey
- Galambila Aboriginal Corporation - Coffs Harbour
- Katungul Aboriginal Corporation Regional Health and Community Services - Eden to Batemans Bay
- Pius X Aboriginal Corporation- Moree
- Tamworth Aboriginal Medical Service Inc - Tamworth
- Tharawal Aboriginal Corporation - Airds
- Walhallow Aboriginal Corporation - Tamworth Regional
- Yerin Aboriginal Health Services Limited - Wyong
- Danila Dilba Biluru Butji Binnilutlum Health Service Aboriginal Corporation - Darwin
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health Service Mackay Ltd - Mackay
- Apunipima Cape York Health - Cape York
- Bidgerdii Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corp - Rockhampton
- Carbal Aboriginal and Islander Health Service Ltd - Toowoomba
- Cherbourg Regional Aboriginal & Islander Community Controlled Health Service (CRAICCHS) - Cherbourg and Kingaroy
- Galangoor Duwulami Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation (Primary Health Care Service) - Hervey Bay
- Gladstone Regional Aboriginal & Islander Community Controlled Health Service - Gladstone
- Institute for Urban Indigenous Health Ltd - Windsor
- Mulungu Aboriginal Corporation Primary Health Care Service - Mareeba
- Townsville Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (TAIHS) - Townsville
- Wuchopperen Health Service - Cairns
- Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Incorporated - Adelaide
- Nunyara Aboriginal Health Service Inc - Whyalla
- Pangula Mannamurna Aboriginal Corporation - Mount Gambier
- Port Lincoln Aboriginal Health Service - Port Lincoln
- Tullawon Health Service - Yalata
- South Coast Women's Health and Welfare Aboriginal Corporation - Whyalla
- Yadu Health Aboriginal Corporation - Ceduna
- Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre - Hobart
- Ballarat and District Aboriginal Co-operative Limited - Ballarat
- Bendigo & District Aboriginal Co-operative - Bendigo
- Dhauward-Wurrung Portland and District Aboriginal Elderly Citizens Inc - Portland
- Gunditjmara Aboriginal Co-operative Limited - Warrnambool
- Ramahyuck District Aboriginal Corporation - Sale
- Rumbalara Aboriginal Co-operative Limited - Shepparton
- Victorian Aboriginal Health Service - Yarra (Melbourne)
- Wathaurong Aboriginal Co-opertative - Geelong
- Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation - Medina
- Moorditj Koort Aboriginal Health - Perth