- Working with the NDIS
- Provider Toolkit
- Provider portal updates
- Quality and safeguards
- Pricing and payment
- Supported Independent Living
- Requesting revocation of Registered Provider of Support
- Market information
- Specialist disability accommodation
- Assistive Technology
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is help with and/or supervision of daily tasks to develop the skills of an individual to live as independently as possible. These are the supports provided to a participant in their home, regardless of property ownership, and can be in a shared or individual arrangement.
Assistance provided to a participant will be included as part of their plan depending on the level of support they require to live independently in the housing option of their choice.
Providers working with participants who require SIL supports in their plans can use the Provider SIL Pack to assist them in developing the necessary quote and supporting documentation.
The Provider SIL Pack contains a calculation tool and submission templates that help providers to detail and cost supports to help people build their capacity to live more independently.
All providers will be required to use the new SIL pack and quoting tool when submitting quotes for these services. The previous version of the template will be accepted up until 18 December 2018 as part of a transitional period.
The Provider SIL Pack, including the quoting tool and template, ensures an efficient and nationally consistent process and is intended to result in provider quotes being assessed in a timely and responsive manner.
The SIL Provider Pack includes:
- Provider SIL Tool (XLSX 473 KB) – an automated Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that allows providers to accurately quote on a participant’s support needs
- Provider SIL Tool example (XLS 482 KB) – a sample SIL tool that shows providers how to complete the spreadsheet
- Guide to using the Provider SIL Pac (DOCX 2MB) – information to help providers use the tool and answer any questions they might have
- SIL Quoting Template (DOCX778 KB) – for use when submitting a quote to the NDIA
- SIL Quoting Template example (DOCX) - a sample SIL quote that shows providers how a SIL quote should be developed, prior to submitting to the NDIA
- Subsequent SIL Quote Template (DOCX) –enables providers to re-submit the same quote as the previous year, when a participant’s circumstances are unchanged.