The Practical Design Fund
The Practical Design Fund (PDF) was designed to support the development of practical initiatives and resources to prepare people with disability, their families and carers, the disability sector and workforce for the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
73 PDF projects received funding in 2012/13
Completed PDF projects provided resources tools and guidelines for Participants, Families and Carers as well as for Service Providers. Examples of some of the resources made available through the PDF include:
- Resources and tools to assist participants in decision making, in planning for the future, employing their own support workers and exploring housing options and supports,
- Family and carer training packages
- Resources to educate disability workers in person-centred service delivery
- Service Provider HR Guidelines covering staff recruitment, training and retention
- Guidelines for NFP organisations to assist them in the transition to the NDIS
The PDF projects also provided papers and research addressing areas of need such as housing and website design.
Please note: the views and recommendations of third parties (including those expressed in the Practical Design Fund projects), do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commonwealth, the Assistant Minister for Social Services, the Department of Social Services or the NDIA and cannot be taken in any way as endorsement by the Australian Government or expressions of government policy or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action.