In-kind service bookings and plan budget adjustments
On 1 July 2016, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) started the three-year, staged process of rolling out across Australia.
Some NDIS trial participants are receiving services from providers that have been paid in advance. These pre-paid supports and services are called “in-kind”.
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) will manage all in-kind financial arrangements in participant plans. As part of this process the NDIA has created an in-kind service booking within the myplace portal to reflect existing arrangements for trial participants receiving in-kind services.
As the in-kind supports have been paid to providers in advance, participant budgets will be reduced to reflect this.
It is important to remember that the drawing down of the in-kind budget does not change any of the current supports in a participants NDIS plan. Participants will continue to receive existing supports and services under the current arrangements with service providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- In-Kind FAQs for Participants, Support Coordinators and Providers (DOCX 610KB)
- In-Kind Plan Budget Adjustment for Trial Participants: FAQs for Providers (DOCX 1MB)
- In-Kind Plan Budget Adjustment for Trial Participants: FAQs for Providers (PDF 316KB)
- In-Kind FAQ for Student Transport (PDF 75KB)
- In-Kind FAQ for Student Transport (DOCX 45KB)
- FAQs for In-kind Personal Care in Government Schools (PDF 167KB)
- FAQs for In-kind Personal Care in Government Schools (HTML 3KB)
- FAQs for In-kind Home Ventilation Services (Attendant Care) in NSW (PDF 164KB)
- FAQs for In-kind Home Ventilation Services (Attendant Care) in NSW (HTML 3KB)