After the Disability Reform Ministers’ Meeting on 9 July 2021, the Minister for the NDIS, Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC, announced that independent assessments would not proceed.
For more information about the Disability Reform Ministers’ Meeting you can read:
- the media statement from the Minister for the NDIS Linda Reynolds
- the communique from the 9 July meeting on the Disability Reform Ministers’ webpage .
Independent assessment archive
Independent assessments are not proceeding. We have archived information about independent assessments and how they were proposed to work. This includes:
- independent assessment pilot evaluation
- consultation papers
- the independent assessment framework
- the independent assessment toolkit
- personalised budgets
We have kept the policy proposals publically available in the History of the NDIS.
Frequently asked questions – independent assessment trials
The NDIA was gathering participant data and feedback through ongoing independent assessment trials. These trials are being discontinued.
We are contacting participants who already had an assessment booked and stopped booking future appointments for assessments.
If you have any further questions please contact 1800 800 110 to discuss your situation.