NDIS rollout continues across Australia
From 1 July 2018 people with disability in new regions and age groups in five states across Australia, will be eligible to access the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), improving the lives of people with disability across Australia.
These new rollout areas and age groups are:
- Northern Territory - Darwin Urban, Central Australia
- Western Australia - Wheatbelt, Central, South Metro
- Tasmania - 0 - 3 year olds, 35 - 49 year olds
- Queensland - Brisbane, Logan and Redlands, Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York and Torres Strait, Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg, Gold Coast and Hinterland.
- South Australia – all remaining eligible people.
- New South Wales - state-wide new clients, Norfolk Island
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is working with Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) and Local Area Coordination (LAC) Partners in Community to deliver the NDIS in local communities across Australia. ECEI and LAC partners help participants navigate the NDIS and connect them with other community services, where appropriate. Partners in Community will assist people with disability and their families and carers to understand, access and prepare for the NDIS.
Visit your state or territory page for more information on the rollout in your area.