- If you have funding for plan managers, support coordinators or psychosocial recovery coaches in your NDIS plan, you choose who delivers these services.
- If you have Agency-managed funding for these providers, once you choose your provider, you can choose if they become the participant-endorsed providers recorded in your plan.
- If you already have a plan manager, support coordinator or psychosocial recovery coach, and want to keep working with them, we can record them into your NDIS plan if you want us too.
Plan management is when a provider supports you to manage funding in your NDIS plan. These providers are known as plan managers.
You can use a plan manager to help you increase your financial and plan management skills and pay your providers.
The rules for including and using a plan manager for your NDIS plan are the same for participants everywhere in Australia.
If you are choosing a plan manager for the first time, or you want to change the plan manager you have, you can look for providers who deliver this service. You can also use the tools on our website, like the provider finder.
Once you’ve talked to your preferred provider and you’ve agreed to work together, you can get in touch with your myNDIS contact, or our National Contact Centre to tell us who your preferred provider is. We can then record your chosen plan manager as a participant-endorsed provider on your plan.
Your plan manager will then be able see the parts of your plan they are managing on your behalf in the my NDIS provider portal.
Support coordinators and psychosocial recovery coaches
If you already have a support coordinator and/or psychosocial recovery coach, and want to keep working with them, we will transfer their details into your NDIS plan in our new computer system.
We can help you at your plan meeting if you have support coordination and/or recovery coach services in your plan. We can use our new my NDIS provider portal to help you choose a provider to deliver these services.
You can use our provider finder to learn about support coordinators and psychosocial recovery coaches in your area.
We can send a request to the providers you choose, asking them to let us know if they are available to work with you. Providers will have 4 days to decide if they can work with you.
When you choose a support coordinator and/or psychosocial recovery coach and have Agency-managed funding for this support, they will be recorded as a participant-endorsed provider in your plan.
It’s a good idea to make service agreements with your providers, including your support coordinator or psychosocial recovery coach.
Service agreements mean you and your provider can be clear about how you will work together, what your expectations of each other are, and what you need to know and do if you want to end the agreement.
Consent for providers to see your NDIS plan
When you choose a plan manager, you agree to let them see the parts of your plan they manage for you. If you want other providers to see your plan, you need to tell us. We call this consent.
If you want to give your consent for a provider to view parts of your plan, you need to tell us at your plan meeting, plan implementation meeting with your myNDIS contact, or by calling the National Contact Centre at any time.
When you give your consent, different providers will be able to see different parts of your plan.
Like what happens now, registered providers, plan managers, support coordinators and psychosocial recovery coaches can use the current myplace provider portal to see parts of your plan. Choosing a plan manager and giving your consent for other providers to see your plan in the Tasmania test means:
- Registered providers will be able to view your goals and nominee details.
- Support coordinators and psychosocial recovery coaches will be able to view all parts of your plan.
- Plan managers will be able to view the part of your plan they are managing.
- Participant-endorsed providers will be able to view the type of support and funding in your plan that you have endorsed them to deliver.
What your chosen providers can view
|Your chosen providers
Your full plan
Your goals and nominee details
|Agency-managed funding in your plan for the service they will provide you||Parts of your plan they will manage|
|Support coordinators and psychosocial recovery coaches||Yes|
|Participant-endorsed providers at the general level||Yes||Yes|
|Participant-endorsed providers at category level||Yes||Yes|