From 7 February 2022, providers can claim for the following supports directly from the NDIA if a participant is required to isolate or quarantine under federal or state/territory government COVID-19 policies.
The 2 supports are:
- one-off cleaning services
- additional supports if a participant is required to self-isolate.
Additional SIL supports delivered between 11 January and before 7 February can be claimed through the direct claiming process using the bulk payment request template.
Providers should use a claim date of 7 February to ensure a successful claim.
Direct claiming for additional SIL supports that include a date before 7 February will not be processed.
Providers should keep accurate records to support this claim, in accordance with the provider payment assurance process.
Cleaning services (delivered before 7 February) and additional SIL supports (delivered before 11 January) can only be claimed from a participant’s plan.
Claims for all supports delivered from 7 February 2022 onwards can only be claimed directly from the NDIA using the bulk payment request template and will not come from a participant’s plan.
Providers need to include some specific information in the bulk payment request template to claim for this support directly from the NDIA:
- NDIS number – 430000011 (providers must use the same number for each direct payment claim);
- Dates support delivered – from 7 February 2022 (YYYY-MM-DD or DD-MM-YYYY);
- Support number – use i.e. ‘DEEP_CLEAN_SIL_NOT_REMOTE’ or ‘ADD_SERVICES_SIL_NOT_REMOTE;
- Quantity – 1 per day;
- Unit price – the price limit detailed in the COVID Addendum
- Claim reference number – Participant’s NDIS number and date of service (YYYYMMDD format only) (for example: 12345678-20220228).
If you have a participant residing in SIL who is diagnosed with COVID-19 you must immediately notify the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission .
You can continue to claim usual SIL costs while an eligible participant is in hospital or isolated in alternative accommodation.
Alternative accommodation will also be claimable through the short term accommodation support item.
The NDIS will not cover additional administrative costs, staff sick leave, medical costs associated with a hospital stay or everyday expenses.