In July 2021, the Commonwealth, state and territory disability ministers made the decision not to proceed with the introduction of independent assessments. Information about independent assessments has been archived.
Submissions on this paper closed on 23 February 2021.
Read the paper
What is and is not changing, what does it mean for you? Read more about the planning process and budget flexibility.
NDIA CEO Martin Hoffman has answered some questions and dispelled some misinformation. You can download the paper here:
- Consultation paper - Planning Policy for Personalised Budgets and Plan Flexibility (DOCX 3.6MB)
- Consultation paper - Planning Policy for Personalised Budgets and Plan Flexibility (PDF 1MB)
- Read frequently asked questions about the changes to the planning process and budget flexibility
- Find out more about what these reforms mean for participants
- Submissions made to this paper
- Post consultation report.