The Australian Government has invested $29.3 million in the NDIA to improve participant access to evidence-based supports that meet their individual needs.
This initiative will focus on how the NDIA can make it easier for participants to get the right support, at the right time, for the right price.
What we know so far:
- There is not enough information available for participants to help them choose a provider that will deliver quality, fairly priced supports to help them achieve their goals.
- Participants often do not know where to access information about providers, what the right prices to pay for supports are, or how to use funded supports to reach their goals.
The initiative will look at ways we can:
- Help participants make informed decisions when choosing providers.
- Provide participants with more information and options when choosing providers, including better information on the NDIS website and in other community forums.
- Improve access to information about what supports and services help participants reach their goals and achieve better outcomes, based on evidence and best practice.
- Develop a better method for capturing and reporting on outcomes.
- Develop ways that participants can compare prices for services across different providers.
To learn more about the Reform for Outcomes program and other program initiatives visit have your say.
We will provide updates on the progress of this initiative and any opportunities to share your feedback.
If you are interested in getting involved in co-designing improvements to the NDIS, you can sign up to Participant First.
Participants, family members and carers will be paid for participating in accordance with our Participant Engagement Payment Policy.
For more information, please contact [email protected]