The Australian Government has invested $73.4 million in the NDIA to deliver better participant experiences through plan implementation and monitoring support to participants.
This initiative will focus on hiring new staff, producing information, and actively supporting participants use their plans.
What we know so far:
- Many participants find it hard to understand their plan and track their budgets which can lead to funds running out ahead of time.
- Current plan budgets are increasing at 12% to 15% on average each year.
The initiative will look at ways we can:
- Make sure participants understand their plan budget and have access to tools and resources to be more independent.
- Make sure participants are using their funding on the right supports and services. This will mean participants get the right supports and services to help them reach their goals, become more independent, and don’t run out of money before their plan ends.
- Help participants manage their budget to improve their experience with the NDIS and support them to achieve better outcomes.
To learn more about the Reform for Outcomes program and other program initiatives visit have your say.
We will provide updates on the progress of this initiative and any opportunities to share your feedback.
If you are interested in getting involved in co-designing improvements to the NDIS, you can sign up to Participant First.
Participants, family members and carers will be paid for participating in accordance with our Participant Engagement Payment Policy.
For more information, please contact [email protected]