We invited NDIS participants and nominees to complete a short online survey to help us better understand:
- What benefits of self-management are most important to NDIS participants?
- What are the main challenges for NDIS participants who self-manage?
- What are the barriers stopping participants from choosing to self-manage their plans?
- What supports and resources are most useful to build confidence to self-manage?
- What can we do better as an Agency to support self-managing participants?
The survey closed at 5pm AEDT on Monday 14 March 2022.
A summary of the feedback is now available.
Summary: Participant Survey on Self-Management (DOCX)
Summary: Participant Survey on Self-Management (PDF)
Why did we do this survey?
We listened to participants and the disability community who told us that it has been hard to understand what is involved in self-managing an NDIS plan.
We want to provide more information about self-management so more people can choose to self-manage if they want.
We have also begun making some improvements such as developing and releasing the My NDIS mobile app.
We will continue consulting with participants, nominees and the disability community to inform further improvements to the way self-management works in the NDIS.
The self-management survey was developed in collaboration with participants, nominees, families and carers as well as a range of stakeholders including the NDIS Participant Reference Group, the Independent Advisory Council, and members of the Participant First Initiative.
We are grateful for the time and expertise they shared with us in the development of this survey.