Where and when is the NDIS available?
The NDIS began in a number of trial sites around Australia from July 2013.
From 1 July 2016, the NDIS will be introduced in stages around Australia over three years to ensure it is successful and sustainable.
People will enter the NDIS differently. In some states and territories, the NDIS will be rolled out by area while in others people will enter by age groups.
Visit your state and territory page to find out when the NDIS is coming to your area.
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
The rollout schedule is:
- South Australia: Eastern Adelaide, Western Adelaide, Adelaide Hills
- Victoria: Bayside Peninsula
- New South Wales: state-wide new clients
- Northern Territory: Darwin Urban, Central Australia
- Queensland: Brisbane, Logan and Redlands, Ciarns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelandes, Croydon, Ehteridge, Cape York and Torres Strait, Fraser Coast, North Burnett, South Burnett and Cherbourg,Gold Coast and Hinterland
- South Australia: remaning eligible people
- Tasmania: 0 - 3 year olds, 35 - 49 year olds
- Victoria: Southern Melbourne
- Victoria: Brimbank Melton, Western Melbourne
- Tasmania: 60 - 64 year olds
- Queensland: Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, Noosa and Gympie
- Victoria: Goulburn, Mallee, Outer Gippsland
You will need to meet certain requirements to access the NDIS. To find out more go to Accessing the NDIS section of the website.