We have consulted with the disability community and have heard that participants and providers want more innovative and flexible home and living options. They have also told us they want to be confident that the policy, administrative and safeguarding processes are in place to support different ways of delivering home and living supports under the NDIS.
We welcome this feedback and want to ensure innovative and quality outcomes for participants. To achieve this, we want to work with you to develop new ways of designing, demonstrating, promoting and delivering home and living supports.
Contact us with your ideas
Do you have ideas for how to deliver home and living supports differently but are unsure of what’s possible? If so, contact the Agency for more information and advice on early project designs and proposals.
All Interested stakeholders including participants, carers and family members, providers and the wider community are encouraged to engage with the NDIA through this new page.
If you have an idea or proposal in its early design stages and would like our feedback, please email us at: [email protected] with a brief proposal (800 words or less). You should include:
- Your name and NDIS number (if applicable)
- Your business name and ABN/ACN or provider registration number (if applicable)
- Preferred method of contact
- What your proposal is and what problem you are trying to address
- Who has been involved in the creation of the proposal
- How it is different to the way traditional home and living supports are delivered
- Cost and funding source/s and if your proposal can be implemented using existing plan funding
- Intended outcomes and what value your proposal will add to the participant experience
- The timeframe for your proposal to be executed
- Identified risks and strategies to mitigate them
- What you are seeking from the NDIA for your proposal
- What your expectations are from the NDIA in relation to your proposal.
To determine if your idea or proposal should be submitted through this pathway, please use the following questions to guide you:
- My proposal can be implemented using existing plan funding
- My proposal offers a different way of living to traditional home and living supports
- My proposal will address a current home and living problem
If you answer yes to all the above, you should submit your proposal through this pathway for feedback.
We will aim to provide feedback about your proposal within 4-6 weeks, including whether or not your proposal will be further considered or implemented.
You can share your proposal in any of the following formats:
- Word document
- a video or voice recording.
We recognise that not all formats are accessible to everyone. We are working on a more accessible forum for all participants in 2023.
If these formats are not accessible for you, please contact us at [email protected] and we will work with you to ensure your idea is captured and submitted.
In preparing a proposal, please be aware that:
- Proposals need to be carried out within existing budgets and pricing arrangements
- This forum should not be an alternative to bypass the Agency’s plan reassessment process
- The Agency cannot promote individual businesses or make direct referrals to support your proposal.
The Agency is working on improving a dedicated participant-led innovation approach in 2023. We are also working on a second round of Home and Living Demonstration Projects. More information on both initiatives will be available in early 2023.
Visit Home and living demonstration projects for more information on our Round 1 projects.