The Independent Advisory Council: Submissions, advice and discussions
The Advisory Council provides the NDIA Board with independent advice on matters relating to the delivery of the Scheme and how it meets the objectives of the Scheme.
Council meetings produce advice (formal and informal) which highlights relevant topics that it decides the Board should consider as the governing body of the Scheme.
Linked here are some of the papers and other material from the Council that is helping to shape the Scheme as it builds toward full roll out in 2019.
- IAC advice on ‘choice and control’
- IAC advice on reasonable and necessary support across the lifespan: An ordinary life for people with disability
- IAC advice on reasonable and necessary support for families
- IAC advice on promoting self-direction in the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- IAC advice on planning to facilitate opportunities enabled under the NDIS
- IAC advice on promoting independence for people with disability
- IAC advice on implementing the NDIS for people with disabilities related to mental health