On this page:
- What’s the benefit of being a graduate in the Australian Public Service?
- Authentic work experiences and unique development opportunities
- What are we looking for in our graduates?
- 2022 graduate recruitment
- Australian Government Graduate Recruitment
- How to apply
- The Indigenous Graduate Pathway
The NDIA Just Brilliant Graduate Program is an opportunity to be part of an important social transformation, and your chance to make a real difference in the lives of Australians with disability.
We need a passionate, dedicated and motivated workforce to realise the goals of the NDIA: to enhance the quality of life and increase the economic and social participation of Australians with disability.
If you are passionate about social inclusion and diversity, and you meet the eligibility criteria, we would love to hear from you.
What’s the benefit of being a graduate in the Australian Public Service?
Build your skills. Build your career. Shape Australia’s future.
Seize the opportunity to pursue your interests in an organisation that will give you the chance to employ your skills and capabilities to do important work. See the impact of your efforts, and enjoy a life where work is just one important facet of what you do and who you are.
As a graduate in the Australian Public Service (APS) you’ll do meaningful work from day one, be asked to contribute, be recognised for your perspective and see the impact you can make in the Australian community we serve.
We need people from a wide range of disciplines so it doesn’t matter what you have studied, the APS has unrivalled opportunities for you to hone your skills in an environment where profit is not a driver.
The opportunity is there for you to craft your own career in policy development, delivery and implementation, and corporate roles. Open yourself to experiences only a career in the APS can offer. We are looking for people who want to work for the Australian community. Join the APS and use what you’ve learned to build a better Australia and shape its broader place and role in the world.
You have voice
Your voice, your perspective and with real Impact. Your opinion counts from day one and your perspective adds to the diversity of viewpoints that allow us to solve some of the most complex problems facing the country. As a graduate, you bring a fresh and energised perspective which we value. With us, you’re treated as a person who brings useful insights and will be challenged and supported to achieve your full potential.
Your work has relevance
The work you do impacts the lives of every Australian. Only a career in the Australian Public Service offers this experience and allows you to build a better Australia. Take the opportunity to shape the future in a constantly evolving world. There is always work to focus on as you look to engage with social, cultural, and political changes occurring in Australia.
Experience a lifetime of career opportunities
It’s not just what you can do, but where you can do it in the APS. Whatever your degree there are opportunities to apply your interests right across the APS. We will invest in your development, take your degree and build a career with you encompassing new experiences, education and skills.
A career in the APS allows you to drive outcomes for the benefits of the Australian community we serve. There is a lifetime and multitude of career opportunities in the APS and it’s easy to move between different agencies for different career opportunities – join us and choose your own path.
Enjoy a balance
If you have balance in your work and life, you are more likely to be productive and engaged to bring new energy to the challenges we face every day in delivering outcomes for all Australians.
We want people to feel well-paid and be able to manage their work/life balance, making and keeping their commitments outside of work – we want people to be focused on work but equally focused on their lives. We believe flexibility and balance are important in attracting a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community we represent.
Authentic work experiences and unique development opportunities
Our 18-month Just Brilliant Graduate Program provides:
- participation in the Australian Public Service (APS) Graduate Development Program
- graduate leadership development opportunities
- an opportunity to build strong professional networks within the Agency and the broader APS
- meaningful and diverse work experiences within the Agency
- career planning and development opportunities aligned to each graduate’s professional field of practice and career aspirations
- attractive benefits including competitive remuneration and employment conditions that support a positive work-life balance.
What are we looking for in our graduates?
We are looking for graduates who are passionate and committed to the Agency’s purpose, and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a diverse, high performing team.
We particularly want to hear from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We value diversity in every respect, and welcome applications from graduates with diverse academic disciplines, including, but not limited to: Finance, Legal, Actuarial, Business, HR, Social Sciences and Allied Health.
You are eligible if you:
- are an Australian citizen at the time of application
- have as a minimum an Australian recognised bachelor degree in the last four years and can provide evidence of your qualification prior to commencing
- are willing to undergo pre-employment checks including a Police Records Check and a Working with Children Check.
To find out what it’s like to be a graduate with the NDIA, please visit our Employer Profile on the GradAustralia website .
2022 graduate recruitment
Recruitment for the 2022 Just Brilliant Graduate Program will be undertaken through centralised Australian Public Service Graduate Recruitment programs. These programs are:
- The Australian Government Graduate Recruitment Program
- The Indigenous Graduate Pathway.
Full information about the recruitment programs as well as links to the application process can be found via the below links.
Australian Government Graduate Recruitment
The Australian Government Graduate Programs Generalist Stream is your path to a rewarding career with the Australian Government. It brings together a number of Australian Government departments and agencies, each looking for graduates from a wide variety of fields. These include public policy, the arts, humanities and sciences, law, international relations, media and communications, design, accounting and finance, data, STEM, and Human Resources.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on contemporary policy and delivery and make a real difference to the lives of Australians, this is the opportunity for you.
With a single application, you will be considered for graduate roles for multiple Australian Government agencies and departments.
To be eligible candidates must:
- be an Australian citizen by 30 June 2021
- have completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree), equivalent, or higher equivalent by 31 December 2021
- have completed you most recent degree no more than 5 years ago on the date you lodge your application
- be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted onto the program when required
- be willing to undergo any Police, character, health or other checks required.
How to apply
Applications for the 2022 Just Brilliant Graduate Program have now closed. Applications for the 2023 Just Brilliant Graduate Program are expected to open in March 2022. Please refer to the APS Jobs Graduate website for more detail on how to apply.
The Indigenous Graduate Pathway
This year we are participating in centralised recruitment through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway. As an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander you will be able to complete one application and be considered for multiple Agencies and Departments within the Australian Public Service (APS).
Whether you start your career with us, or somewhere else in the APS you will do meaningful work from day one.
Applications are now open. Find more information or apply via the Indigenous Careers website .